SANTA CRUZ COUNTY – Three days of grinding and paving will result in the full closure of Mission Street in both directions from Chestnut St. to Green St. in Santa Cruz on Tuesday, May 31 from 7 am until 3 pm and the full closure of Highway 9 in both directions from Glengarry Road to Rincon Railroad Crossing in Felton on Wednesday, June 1 and Thursday, June 2 from 7 am until 3:30 pm. Details are as follows:
Tuesday, May 31, Hwy. 1 at Mission Street:
- Motorists and bicyclists headed north on Mission Street will detour onto Green Street to Chestnut Street back to Mission Street.
- Motorists and bicyclists headed south on Mission Street will detour onto the Chestnut Street Extension, to Church Street to Center Street back to Mission Street.
- Roadwork hours from 7 am to 3 pm.
Wednesday, June 1 and Thursday, June 2, Hwy. 9, between Glengarry Rd. to Rincon RR:
- Both directions of Hwy. 9 will be closed from Glengarry Rd. to Rincon Railroad Crossing, a three-mile section just south of Felton.
- Both North and South Motorists can use Graham Hill Road as the detour.
- Roadwork hours from 7 am to 3:30 pm.
Electronic message boards will be posted to alert motorists of this roadwork and the CHP will assist with traffic control. Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 15 minutes. This roadwork is being done by Caltrans’ Santa Cruz North Maintenance crew.
NORTHBOUND traffic will be detoured down Green St to Chestnut St back up Chestnut St Ext.
SOUTHBOUND traffic will be detoured down Chestnut St Ext to Church St over to Center St back to Mission
Monthly Construction Project Updates | Caltrans D5
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.