Despite the natural beauty and splendor of the Monterey Bay, our region has experienced more than its share of disasters and the devestating economic and human toll of these events. Our history of floods, fires, earthquakes, and tsunamis reinforces the need to be prepared for emergencies that can potentially have huge impacts on the transportation system. Why not take a few minutes to review the emergency resources below?
- Cruz511 Traffic Map (includes traffic speeds, incidents, camera images, changeable messages and alerts and notices)
- Cruz511 Alerts and Notices – The orange banner at the top of the map on the Cruz511 home page displays Alerts and Notices affecting the transportation system. Click on banner links to get more information about the alert.
- Highway Patrol (CHP) Traffic Incidents (select Monterey)
- County Road Closures and Traffic Advisories
- Public safety alerts and advisories via Nixle
- National Weather Service Forecast Service – San Francisco Bay Area/Monterey
- US National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area/Monterey California – facebook
- National Tsunami Warning Center
- Santa Cruz County Office of Emergency Services
- PG&E Outages
- SC County Fire Dispatch
- USGS – Earthquakes Hazards Program – Did you feel it?
- 211 – Call for info about shelters, meal sites and services during an emergency
- American Red Cross
Radio Stations with Traffic Reports