GO Santa Cruz is expanding countywide! GO Santa Cruz County rewards Santa Cruz County commuters with incentives to rethink their ride and choose a more earth-friendly commute. Alternative transportation miles are earned when you opt to walk, bike, carpool or ride the bus to work (skateboards and Onewheels are welcome too!).
Both employees and employers are invited to participate in a series of free educational workshops on green transportation. The informative sessions will be offered online and in-person (once safe to do so) and will focus on various topics including urban cycling, eBikes, bike commuting basics and more.
How it Works
GO Santa Cruz County features an online commute management tool available to all employees who live or work in Santa Cruz County. Community members can register by visiting https://my.cruz511.org and joining the GO Santa Cruz County network.
Work in downtown Santa Cruz? Downtown Santa Cruz employees are eligible for additional benefits including free bus passes, bike locker cards and downtown dollars. Learn more about the GO Santa Cruz Downtown program.
Go Santa Cruz County is a key part of the Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission’s ongoing effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and play an active role in addressing climate change. GO Santa Cruz County is partially funded by voter-approved Measure D, which provides a balanced vision to improve, operate and maintain Santa Cruz County’s transportation network.
Earn Rewards for Helping the Planet!
- GO Santa Cruz County points are earned through the Commute Rewards Program. Points can be accumulated and redeemed for $5, $10 or $25 e-gift cards via Tango.
- When you commute using an alternative transportation option, it’s worth 10 points, max 20 points/day.
- New users start with a BONUS of 20 points. Points are awarded to users in the GO Santa Cruz County network for any eligible trip taken during the 2021 program (4/22/2021 – 12/31/2021). Point balances are reset annually and do not carryover.
- 20 points = entry to Quarterly Raffle for $25 gift card
- 250 points = $5
- 450 points = $10
- 1,000 points = $25
Looking for more info?
Check out these additional resources to help you Rethink Your Commute!
- Santa Cruz County Bike Maps
- Bikes on Transit
- Workplace Bike Programs
- Bike Safety
- Parking Your Bike
- Downtown Bike Lockers
- Additional Bike Resources
- Carpooling During COVID-19
- Park and Ride Lots
- Calculate the Cost of Your Commute
- Alternative Fuels and Electric Vehicles