CHOOSE YOUR TRAVEL INTEREST
Save money, avoid traffic and parking hassles, and prevent pollution by leaving your car at home. With so many options for getting around, traveling alone by car may soon be a thing of the past.
Tell us how you get around.
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to answer a few short questions about the way you travel and your travel interests.
Take the Survey
RIDING THE BUS
Give Transit a Try – Ride the METRO
Riding the bus allows you to use your travel time to get other things done. Let someone else tackle the traffic while you sit and study, chat, or just relax. Santa Cruz Metro buses have bicycle racks so you can take your bike with you.
More Transit Resources
- New to taking the bus? Check out these tips to for a worry-free trip
- Visit local ‘hot spots‘ throughout the County using public transit
- Join Bus-by-Choice Santa Cruz at one of their monthly group outings riding the METRO
Share Your Ride & Carpool
If you live too far from your destination to walk or bicycle, driving alone isn’t your only option. Make plans to carpool and share your ride with others.
More Carpooling Resources
- Meet up with your carpool buddy or vanpool partners at the Park & Ride lot off of Hwy 1 at Salinas Rd
- 7 Tips for Successful Carpooling
- Join the Highway 17 Rideshare group on Facebook to find other over-the-hill commuters
- Drive Clean! Learn the benefits associated with owning a plug-in electric vehicle
RIDING A BIKE
Trade in Your Wheels & Ride a Bike
Bicycling is an excellent way to minimize car use and get exercise at the same time. Cycling can get you almost anywhere fast; you can beat the local traffic by traveling right up to your destination. Mounting wire baskets or pannier bags to your bicycle can also extend your number of destinations by allowing for greater cargo transportation.
More Bicycling Resources
- Interested in the basics? Watch these short, informational Smart Cycling videos
- Learn the Rules of the Road to prepare you for a safe and fun experience no matter where you’re riding.
- Join Bike Friendly Watsonville on a group bike ride. No need for spandex biker shorts or carbon fiber bikes, but they are welcome too!
- Get some help fixing your bike at the Watsonville Bike Shack every Friday at the Farmer’s Market
- What Pedestrians & Bicyclists Want Each Other to Know
Get Moving – Walk It!
Your good health is a gift – if you can, walk! Find a backpack or briefcase on wheels that can tote your work items and laptop. For shopping trips, invest in a sturdy shopping cart or collapsible crate on wheels.
More Walking Resources
- Watsonville Slough Trail Map
- What Pedestrians and Bicyclists Want Each Other to Know
- What Pedestrians and Motorists Want Each Other to Know