SANTA CRUZ COUNTY–Four maintenance projects along Highways 1, 9 and 17 in Santa Cruz County will take place starting Monday, Feb. 8, Caltrans officials announced today. Details are as follows:
Monday, Feb. 8 and Tuesday, Feb. 9 just north of Scotts Valley:
- Northbound Hwy. 17 from just north of Laurel Curve to Glenwood Dr.
- #2 (right) lane closed for guardrail repair from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Motorists can expect delays up to 15 minutes
Tuesday, Feb. 9, just north of Scotts Valley:
- Southbound Hwy. 17, from Old Santa Cruz Hwy. to Spanish Oaks
- #1 (left) lane closed for drainage work from 9 am to 2:30 pm
- Motorists can expect delays of 5-10 minutes
**Wednesday, Feb. 10, near Felton**:
- FULL Closure (both directions) of Hwy. 9, between Paradise Park and Glengarry Rd.
- North and southbound grinding and paving from 8 am to 4 pm
- Detour is available, motorists can expect delays of 15 minutes (detour time)
Thursday, Feb. 11, Santa Cruz:
- Northbound Highway 1, between River St. and just north of River St.
- #2 (right) lane closed for grinding and paving from 9 am to 3 pm
- Motorists can expect delays of 10-15 minutes
Electronic message boards will be posted to alert motorists of work being done. The CHP will assist with traffic control and the detour. Roadwork is being done by Monterey Guardrail, San Luis Storm Water, District 4 and Salinas North Maintenance crews. Roadwork is necessary for the safety of motorists and is expected to be completed by Thursday, Feb. 11.
Monthly Construction Project Updates | Caltrans D5
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway construction zones.