Caltrans Striping Project in Santa Cruz County now Underway
A project to replace and add striping on various Highways in Santa Cruz County is now underway. Motorists will encounter moving lane closures in both directions during the overnight hours Sunday night through Friday morning in the following locations:
- Hwy 1 between Carpenter Street to the Monterey/Santa Cruz County line this week from 10 pm until 6 am.
- Hwy 1 from the San Lorenzo River Bridge to the Santa Cruz/San Mateo County line this week from 10 pm until 5 am.
- Hwy 1 from the Pajaro River Bridge to north of the Aptos Bridge Undercrossing this week from 10 pm until 5 am.
- Hwy 156 from the Route 156/183 Interchange to the US 101/State Route 156 Overcrossing next week from 9 pm until 6 am.
- Hwy 17 from the Hwy. 1/17 Interchange to north of Santas Village Road next week from 10 pm until 5 am. Motorists can expect delays not to exceed 15 minutes.
The contractor for this $42.9 million project is Pave Tech Incorporated from Vista. CA.
Caltrans reminds motorists to move over and slow down when driving through highway work zones.
For lane closure information on this project and for traffic updates on other Caltrans projects in Santa Cruz County, residents can call the District 5 toll free number at 1-831-423-0396 or visit our website.